[Interest] Compile Qt Application with X11 libraries for Windows Platform

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Mon Jun 25 08:31:03 CEST 2012

On 06/25/2012 04:14 PM, ext Fatih Küçükyavuz wrote:
> Is there any way to build my Qt application with X11 support
> that can run in Windows OS?

I was going to say cygwin.

> There is also a XPortMinGW project for minGW. But I do not know if it
> works for Qt applications.

This will be mostly the same as cygwin but with a different POSIX layer
between you and win32.

You should be fine to build Qt for Unix/X11 under either of these
environments and then build your app against that. You'll be using the
environment's toolchain (so, gcc or mingw-gcc rather than MSVC).

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/