[Interest] qmake: Building a shared object which is not a lib

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 27 19:26:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 schrieb Christian Gagneraud :

> On 27/06/12 12:32, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Christian Gagneraud <chris at techworks.ie<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> [...]
> >
> > If you build a plugin, then the version links are not created, and
> > simply the libXYZ.so will be created (the lib prefix is still there).
> >
> > Why do you want to remove the lib prefix btw?
>
> Because this is not a typical unix library, this is a python module and
> as such it has to be named XYZ.so. Then from python you can do an
> "import XYZ". If you name it libXYZ.so, you'll have to do "import libXYZ".

IIRC, qmake also has either a plugin config option or even a template for
that. I'd suggest to look at an example for a qt plugin, for example a
designer plugin or something in the qtcreator sources. Plugins have the
same logic to drop the lib prefix since they are loaded direct,y via dlopen.

Andreas