[Interest] qmake: Building a shared object which is not a lib

Christian Gagneraud chris at techworks.ie
Wed Jun 27 19:52:15 CEST 2012

On 27/06/12 18:26, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 schrieb Christian Gagneraud :
>
>     On 27/06/12 12:32, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
>      > On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Christian Gagneraud
>     <chris at techworks.ie <javascript:;>> wrote:
>      >> Hi there,
>      >>
>     [...]
>      >
>      > If you build a plugin, then the version links are not created, and
>      > simply the libXYZ.so will be created (the lib prefix is still there).
>      >
>      > Why do you want to remove the lib prefix btw?
>
>     Because this is not a typical unix library, this is a python module and
>     as such it has to be named XYZ.so. Then from python you can do an
>     "import XYZ". If you name it libXYZ.so, you'll have to do "import
>     libXYZ".
>

> IIRC, qmake also has either a plugin config option or even a template
> for that. I'd suggest to look at an example for a qt plugin, for example
> a designer plugin or something in the qtcreator sources. Plugins have
> the same logic to drop the lib prefix since they are loaded direct,y via
> dlopen.

Thanks a lot for pointing me out this, after googling a bit I found how
to do exactly why I needed:
QT          += core
CONFIG      += link_pkgconfig plugin no_plugin_name_prefix
PKGCONFIG   += pyside
TARGET       = XYZ
TEMPLATE     = lib
SOURCES      = ...
HEADERS      = ...

Easy baby! ;)

And I guess (hope) that it is cross-platform friendly.
Now I just need to get the wrapper generation handled by qmake as well.

Chris

--
Christian Gagneraud,
Embedded systems engineer.