[Interest] Where are the USER properties of Qt-provided QObjects documented?

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Thu Jun 28 08:05:11 CEST 2012

Hi Frank,

Den 28-06-2012 06:40, K. Frank skrev:
> Where in the documentation (not the source code) can I find out which
> of the properties of a standard Qt QObject class is the designated
> USER property?

You can't find this, and it doesn't matter. You might be able to find it
using the QMetaObject introspection, but I guess this is only for
designer or something like it. I've never used this property.

> [...]
> For some context, from the documentation for "The Property System":
>
>     The USER attribute indicates whether the property is designated as
>     the user-facing or user-editable property for the class.

What do you need this for?

> (I am looking at the documentation that came with the 4.8.0-rc1
> source-code bundle.)
>
> Thanks for any pointers.

Here's a pointer: Upgrade your Qt version. You are using a release
candidate which is not for production quality code.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire