[Interest] Eclipse-like docking window?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 5 10:20:27 CET 2012

On 05.03.12 09:17:29, jaume dominguez faus wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I have been playing around with the QDockWidget and QMainWindow. I can
> easily dock and undock widgets on the borders of the main window. But
> I'm interested in having an environment where you can freely add, move,
> remove internal views anywhere. Exactly something like Eclipse does.
> Eclipse has a default layout that is initially shown, but the user can
> easily redistribute all the views at wish.
>
> I couldn't manage to have my application to behave like that with
> QDockWidget and QMainWindow. Docking in the center does not seem to be
> possible. Does anybody know how can I manage this? Any previous effort
> towards this?

Eclipse does not allow to dock views into the editor area either. The
only things that you cannot achieve out of the box with QDockWidgets and
QMainWindow that Eclipse can do are the fast-view bars - that'll require
some extra code to be written - and multiple "lines" of dockwidgets
side-by-side (thats probably not possible even with some extra code).

Andreas