[Interest] To QML or not to QML...

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Wed Mar 7 00:37:18 CET 2012

Jason wrote on Wednesday, 7 March 2012 6:01 AM

> My own experiments in QML have leave me to believe that aside from it's
> limitations (there are many) that most everything "visual" and not
classically
> widget-oriented is made substantially easier.
> If it's 'hard" in QML you're probably doing it wrong, unless it's a QML
> limitation.

Hi Jason,

I have some problems with the QAbstractTreeView:

- I want each tree item to visually own its children - eg, when an item is
selected the background of all its children changes as well.

- I want to change the drop indicator to provide more options.

I assume changing the widget would be too tedious.  I'm deciding whether to
starting the project in QML  or GraphicsView.

Can you elaborate on the limitations that you have found in QML?  That might
save me grief later on.

Thanks!

Tony.