[Interest] Qt Assistant can't search

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Tue Mar 13 21:21:56 CET 2012

I have recently installed Qt 4.8 on my Macintosh, and now Qt Assistant can't search for anything. The documentation is clearly all there (I've been reading it) but searches give a big "Your search did not match any documents." message. I even got that when I tried to search for "QWidget". Huh.

I presume that it just needs to have its index re-built, but I can't seem to figure out how to make that happen.

I tried removing all the documentation sets and re-adding them, but it doesn't make a difference.

Anybody see this themselves? How do I solve it?

Qt Assistant 4.8.0
Mac OS X 10.6.8

-John Weeks