[Interest] Receive screen rotate/resize events?

g4hx g4hx at gmx.de
Tue Mar 13 21:42:33 CET 2012

On 03/12/2012 12:50 AM, Lincoln Ramsay wrote:
> On 03/12/2012 02:46 AM, ext g4hx wrote:
>> When I rotate the screen, an X11 event of type
>> is created. However, none of the available toolkits that I know
>> (qt3/4/gtk) picks up the event. So once the screen is rotated, my widget
>> is not spread across the screen anymore.
>> I would like to know if there is any possibility to either install an
>> event handler to pick up X events directly (although this would
>> obviously not be platform independent any more) or get qt to support
>> these events directly.
>
> Changing orientation is something that Qt 5 should support (there's some
> C++ and QML bindings being done for it) but even with earlier Qt's you
> should see the desktop widget get resized.
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qdesktopwidget.html

Thanks for the help. I have to admit that I overlooked this part of the
documentation. However, there is one problem: If I call showFullScreen()
on my widget, then any call to resize() is ignored. So even though I
receive resized()  or workAreaResized() events, I can't change the
window size according to the new screen size.