[Interest] Qt is good because...

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:40:55 CEST 2012

On 03/27/2012 11:02 AM, Sivan Greenberg wrote:

>> >  Help explaining the beauty of this functionality compared to other
>> >  toolkits is appreciated. Again, how to explain how great this is to a
>> >  newcomer?
>> >
> Personally speaking, I never really got the difference between Signals
> &  Slots and Callbacks in CTK+ ? But perhaps this is the same pattern
> implemented differently?

Deep down it's basically all the same.  The Qt way of handling callbacks
doesn't rely, at least directly, on pointers to member functions.  As
this eliminates the risk of having to deal directly with issues related
to typesafe violations, it makes it a bit more user-friendly.  After
all, no one enjoys having to deal with a long string of compiler and
runtime errors.  But other than this, it's basically all the same.

Rui Maciel