[Interest] Does it really worth it?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:35:44 CEST 2012

On 03/27/2012 09:10 PM, Arnold Krille wrote:
> While I admire your enthusiasm, I don't think its wise to start another
> project aiming at something that another project already does in a very
> good and proven way. Most times its better to join such a project and
> help to fix bugs and invent cool new features.

Competition drives innovation, and with that comes progress.  If no one
bothered to invest their time in redundant projects then we wouldn't had
enjoyed some of the goodies we have today.  For example, maybe we
wouldn't even had Qt, as it wasn't the first (or the last) application
framework, let alone GUI toolkit.

So, I hope this project goes forward, no matter how many alternatives
are there.  This is how the world progresses.

Rui Maciel