[Interest] [SOLVED] Compiling QT5

Stephan Kanthak stylon at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 00:02:09 CET 2012

Hi,

in the meantime I solved the problem.

Although I didn't find out why it compiled just once (and for sure I
didn't change some qt.conf for it :-) ), I even better understood qmake
and found out that paths configured in qt/qtbase/bin/qt.conf were
responsible for qmake to read the wrong module mkspecs. I've no idea how
Prabindh from TI managed to compiled it this way as I don't see how qt5
can be configured correctly via --prefix, but without changing this qt.conf.

Some more details for those who bump into the same problem... In case
you want to install qt5 to /foo/usr simply set qt/qtbase/bin/qt.conf
also to it:

[EffectivePaths]
Prefix=/foo/usr

Regards,