[Interest] HierarchicalHeaderView for a QTableView

Alex Strickland sscc at mweb.co.za
Thu Nov 15 08:00:49 CET 2012

On 2012/11/15 04:56 AM, Alex Malyushytskyy wrote:

> As far as I understand cell either is hierarchical or not.
> If it is hierarchical it must have a root (otherwise it can be
> presented by a few regular cells).
>
> I just briefly played with the code, but I was able to get both
> regular and hierarchical sections,
> so I am not sure I understood your question.

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping the post would just die :)

I tried this:

	headerModel.setItem(0, 0, rootItem);
	headerModel.setItem(0, 1, rootItem2);

and it failed because of some other error in my code I guess. When I
tried again (after sending my post) it worked fine. So I had confused
myself about how it should work.

I cannot get tooltips to work on the headers, but I can live with that.

On the plus side, the little example finally lifted the veil from my
eyes about how MVC should work - I deleted tons of code and had a better
solution.

--
Regards
Alex