[Interest] Qt5/OMAP4/EGLFS: Strange animation behaviour

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at digia.com
Wed Nov 21 08:43:25 CET 2012

On 11/20/2012 09:12 PM, Stephan Kanthak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one final word to this list on my fix. I think that the fix I did to Qt5
> is not in good shape to be integrated. My fix interfaces directly with
> OMAP-specific ioctl's to a linux framebuffer device in code that is
> generic to all egl platforms. I'll continue to discuss this first with
> Prabindh from TI to find out more about where to best fix this. Maybe
> I'm also not using the TI driver to its best, but I already tried hard
> to understand the problem in more general.

For eglfs we have a solution for device / device-family specific
work-arounds, they're the QEglFSHooks, in
src/plugins/platforms/eglfs/qeglfshooks.h

beforeSwapBuffers() and/or afterSwapBuffers() could be added to the
hooks for instance, so that you could put your work-around in a file
specified by a custom mkspec.

As an example, ee mkspecs/devices/linux-rasp-pi-g++ for the hooks used
on the raspberry pi, qeglfshooks_pi.cpp, enabled by setting the
EGLFS_PLATFORM_HOOKS_SOURCES variable in the qmake.conf in the same
directory.

--
Samuel