[Interest] QGraphicsView regressions on Mac in Qt 5(beta 2)

Björn Piltz bjornpiltz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:08:02 CET 2012

I just got around to trying out a graphics view based application of mine
on the mac with Qt 5. The porting process was trivial, which is a major
plus, but I still found some issues:

1. setViewport(new QGLWidget) doesn't work after the window has been shown
a first time. This can be seen in the 10000 chips examples, by pressing one
of the "opengl" buttons. Pressing a button twice crashes the app.
2. The new "discreet" mac scroll bars are surrounded by semi transparent
rectangles.
QTBUG-28120 <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28120>

3. QGestureEvent isn't delivered anymore even
though grabGesture(Qt::PinchGesture) has been called.(Using a trackpad)
QTBUG-28126 <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28126>

Then there are some issues with QMainWindow and QMdiArea
4. setUnifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac() doesn't work anymore
5. The cursor often gets stuck in "splitter mode".
6. Stacking order of OpenGL widgets aren't respected in MDI mode.
7. The resizing corners of the subwindows are almost impossible to hit.
QTBUG-26162 <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-26162>

Example code can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/bjornpiltz/gltests
A video comparison can be found here: https://vimeo.com/54014124

I'd obviously appreciate seeing these issues fixed for a better Mac
experience;)

Thanks,
Björn Piltz