[Interest] how to run 21 threads concurrently

Sujan Dasmahapatra sujan.dasmahapatra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:31:54 CEST 2012

Thanks  andre for your reply. Can u give me some sample code of using
QThreadPool. Can u refer my code snippet how i can implement the same
function which is being called 21 times for 21 z values......How to run
them parallely using QThreadPool. Some code snippet will be fine so that I
get some idea. Thanks Sujan

Op 4-10-2012 15:21, Sujan Dasmahapatra schreef:

> > I am not able to run my threads concurrently please help.
> > How can I  run 21 threads concurrently and get the job done by 8 cpus
> > what I have in my machine.
> >
> > I am doing like this
> > [code]
> >
> > std::vector<QFuture<void> > Threads;
> > QFuture<void> Th;
> >
> > for(int z=0; z<21; z++)
> > {
> > Th = QtConcurrent::run(this,&UnrstParser,z);
> > Thraeds.push_back(Th);
> > }
> > for(int th=0; th<Threads.size(); th++)
> > {
> >  if(Threads[th].isRunning())
> > Threads[th].waitForFinished();
> > Threads[th].cancel();
> > }
> > Threads.clear();
> > [/code]
> >
> > With this first few threads are probably running but not all the
> > threads. As it's supposed to generate some files by each thread which
> > is not being generated. Please help.
> >

> QtConcurrent will use as many threads as it deems useful, based on the
> system you are running on. Unless you have a 21 core system, it is
> probably not useful to run 21 threads your your task.
> However, QThreadPool has methods to change how many threads are
> considdered useful, so you should look into using that class.
>
> André

Regards
Sujan Dasmahapatra
skype: sujan.dasmahapatra