[Interest] qt5: deprecated QAbstractItemModel::reset()

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Fri Oct 5 13:04:39 CEST 2012

On 10/04/12 18:09, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> This sounds fishy. You must not return to the event loop between
> beginResetModel and endResetModel.

Yes, there was a bug in one of my proxies which re-entered the event
loop (it was in response to rowCount because a common function called
beginInsertRows). It wasn't fun to debug.

> It's the same. The Qt 5 code calls QAIM::endResetModel, which invalidates the
> persistent indexes.

I stand corrected.

Thanks for your response. As a quick and dirty fix, I've just added a
compatibility macro for the time being. I'll verify whether these calls
could be changed to a proper, two-phase reset.

With kind regards
Jan

--
Trojita, a fast e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/