[Interest] [Development] important:qt connect mssql on linux

pengliang(彭亮) pengliang at founder.com
Wed Oct 10 11:11:28 CEST 2012

Hi list,

         I have compiled libqsqlodbc.so on redhat64bit successfully.

When I run the snippets bellow some error message occurred.

QString Dsn = QString::fromLocal8Bit("Driver={sql server};server=172.2.2.2;database=Live;uid=an;pwd=an;");

QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QODBC");

Error msg:

QSqlError(0, "QODBC3: Unable to connect", "[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified")

But I found QODBC is available driver:

"QSQLITE"

"QMYSQL3"

"QMYSQL"

"QODBC3"

"QODBC"

Could anybody tell me why?

1. I found /etc/odbc.ini is empty, and /home/dd/.odbc.ini does not exist. Is this clue useful?

Thanks a lot

Ken