[Interest] [QTBUG-27554] New Qt 4.8.3 bug: invalid QtCore.vcxproj, MSVC10 error MSB3073

Niels Dekker (Qt-interest) mymailfromqt at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 17 23:21:35 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-17 11:25, Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> On 17/10/2012 10:22, Niels Dekker (Qt-interest) wrote:
>
>> Last weekend I reported an issue that is introduced with Qt 4.8.3:
>> [QTBUG-27554], "Invalid TargetExt in QtCore.vcxproj and other vcxproj
>> files created by configure.exe (Visual Studio 2010 error MSB3073)".
>>
>> Although the issue has already been assigned to the right person (Jörg
>> Bornemann), its priority is still "Not Evaluated".
>
> You've reported this on saturday and you're already complaining on
> wednesday. That's not exactly patient.

My apologies. I was afraid that my bug report came too late for Qt
4.8.4. I guess that's what made me a bit impatient. Sorry! My posting
was not meant as a complaint. In general I'm very happy about Qt.

> You can work-around this issue by using nmake or jom to build Qt instead
> of using the vcxproj files.

Thanks for the suggestion. We currently use the vcxproj files generated
by configure.exe because it allows us to easily build Qt through
IncrediBuild (distributed compiling). For the time being, this works
fine for us, but jom also looks interesting.

I'm glad you were able to fix the issue, as you reported at
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27554  Thanks again.

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker