[Interest] Heavily Commented Example: Simple Single Frontend with Two Backends

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Tue Oct 23 08:51:24 CEST 2012

Den 23-10-2012 06:50, d3fault skrev:
> OT'ish (relative to above): someone mentioned in reply to me that
> implementing QThread's run() method is needed for the pure computation
> use case. This is simply not true, please stop spreading misinformation.

Now I'm getting annoyed. You're the one spreading misinformation here. I
mentioned the pure computation as one of the cases where I prefer
subclassing. But that of course doesn't mean you can't do it in other ways.

I even mentioned that I think subclassing is an inferior way most of the
times, but that didn't sink in with you.

The point you just refuse to accept is that there are multiple ways to
use QThread and each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. I've
tried to help you understand some of the reasons you can have for
choosing other ways, but you just can't accept any new information.

Bo Thorsen.

Come by my DevDays talk in Berlin - "Designing for testability". Learn how to build and run your unit tests with the Qt application.

Fionia Software - Qt experts for hire.