[Interest] Heavily Commented Example: Simple Single Frontend with Two Backends

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 02:00:22 CEST 2012

Actually, it's not as simple as I stated. Basically, adding a widget to a
layout
makes it the child of the widget that it is a layout for. So if you add a
widget to a sub-layout,
it actually won't be the sibling of that layout object, but an uncle or
something.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM, d3fault <d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Alan, I've fixed the comment to say sibling.
>

> But anyways I've been following the [higher level] topics in this
> thread and now I'm thinking the example in the .zip needs a complete
> rewrite haha.

Regarding rewriting the example, I think the best way to rewrite it is to
remove all usage of QThread entirely, and see if you can figure out how to
program it using the higher-level QtConcurrent  API. In my book [Intro to
Design Patterns in Qt, 2nd edition], I show another multithreaded example
written both ways and the QtConcurrent version performs much better.