[Interest] QWidget doesn't show on Qt5 and eglfs plugin

William Zeng williamzeng88 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:32:46 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to port my application to Qt5. It's fine on my desktop machine
but fails on Beagleboard. I made a simplest application to test and the
result is same. My environment is:
1. Qt 5.0 beta1
2. Beagleboard-xM

And the simplest application code is :
#include <QApplication>
#include <QWidget>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    QWidget w;
    w.showFullScreen();

    return a.exec();
}

It prints such info on my terminal:
root at beagleboard-dvsdk:/opt# ./mywidget -platform eglfs
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open
failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open
failed
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3000

Aborted

It works when I run as follow:
root at beagleboard-dvsdk:/opt# ./mywidget -platform minimalegl
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open
failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open
failed

Also, the Qt demo (qtdeclarative/examples/demos/samegame) works fine when I
running:
./samegame -platform eglfs

What's wrong?

--