[Interest] My experience porting to Qt5 (on OS X)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 2 15:59:39 CEST 2012

On domingo, 2 de setembro de 2012 13.38.33, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
> - It seems that touch events are not recognised anymore by my
> QGraphicsSceneView
>
> - Lots of rendering artifacts (mostly seems like a "refresh" problem:
> old pixel "blocks" remain on the screen until a repaint is enforced,
> e.g. by rescaling the window - can also be observed with the Qt 5
> Designer etc.)
>
> - setUnifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac(true) doesn't seem to have an effect
> anymore:
>
>    THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE SHOW-STOPPER ON MAC!
>
> I also tried in combination with
> QApplication::setGraphicsSystem("native"), but I guess the later has
> become a "placebo API" anyway
>
> - Further little quirks, e.g. it happened that the main window suddenly
> disappeared when the sheet dialog "Save before quit" should have
> appeared. But I need to investigate in more detail on these issues.
>
> - The QEvent::ActivationChange event doesn't seem to be propagated to my
> main window (at least not in the same way it did as on Qt 4.8) when my
> application first shows the main window - only when I do a resize of the
> window I get the activation change event.

Hello Till

Thank you for your report. It's most welcome, especially the part about what
worked out of the box.

If you do find anything that needed touching up, let us know so we can add to
porting documentation.

Can you also create tasks for the above issues? It's good that you posted them
here, so the Mac devs see them as soon as possible, but I'd hate for them to
be forgotten.

PS: the first and last tasks are not in Core: Event System.