[Interest] fromWinHICON missing from Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 3 20:16:30 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 3 de setembro de 2012 10.13.39, Justin Karneges wrote:
> Interesting approach. So the idea here is to have APIs that are platform
> independent, even if the underlying code paths (e.g. within QPixmap) must
> certainly differ by platform? And if the APIs themselves must differ by
> platform, split into special "support" libraries?

For X11, it's a necessity.

For Windows, we could leave the functions in QtGui, since QtGui links to the
Win32 libraries.

For Mac, it might be acceptable to do the same.

For Linux, it's not. QtGui does not link to any of the GUI libraries like X11,
XCB, DirectFB or Wayland. The only one it links to is the libGL (which means
it loads XCB/X11 indirectly). That means we need a separate library anyway.