[Interest] What did I do?

Rainer Wiesenfarth Rainer_Wiesenfarth at trimble.com
Wed Sep 5 07:34:01 CEST 2012

Am 05.09.2012 07:11, schrieb K. Frank:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Bill Crocker <...> wrote:
> > In my app, when I click in a section of the horizontal header a table view,
> > all items in the corresponding column are selected.
>
> I see the same behavior.  (To confirm: using QTableView.)
> [...]
> I assume that it's the default behavior, because I don't do anything
> explicit to enable it.
>
> > How do I turn off this behavior?

If - and only if ;-) - setting

   view->setSelectionBehavior (QAbstractItemView::SelectItems);

does not help, this _might_ be an option:

1) Create a custom selection model class where you overload the two
select() methods:

class MySelectionModel : public QItemSelectionModel
{
public:
     MySelectionModel (QAbstractItemModel *model)
         : QItemSelectionModel (model)
     { }
     MySelectionModel (QAbstractItemModel *model, QObject *parent)
         : QItemSelectionModel (model, parent)
     { }

     virtual void select (const QModelIndex &index
         , QItemSelectionModel::SelectionFlags command)
     {
         command &= ~QItemSelectionModel::Columns;
         QItemSelectionModel::select (index, command);
     }

     virtual void select (const QItemSelection &selection
         , QItemSelectionModel::SelectionFlags command)
     {
         command &= ~QItemSelectionModel::Columns;
         QItemSelectionModel::select (selection, command);
     }
};

2) Assign an instance of this selection model to your view:

view->setSelectionModel (new MySelectionModel (view->model ()));

Maybe you have to play a little with your selection model. You might
also want to play with different settings of SelectionBehavior and/or
SelectionMode.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
Tel.: +49 (0)711 22 88-10  *  Fax: +49 (0)711 22 88-111
Web: http://www.trimble.com/geospatial/  *  http://www.inpho.de/