[Interest] Problem with qmake in qt5-beta on osx creating a static library

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 13 10:29:00 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 12 de setembro de 2012 17.49.19, Sid Deb wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm porting a graphics app from qt4.6 to qt5.0.beta1 and I've run into a
> situation where qmake refuses to name my output library correctly. I'm
> working on OSX 10.6.8.
> Here are the relevant items from the .pro file:
> CONFIG			+= staticlib debug_and_release
> TEMPLATE		= lib
> TARGET		= libUIComponents-QT
> This results in a library called "libUIComponents-QT." and not
> "libUIComponents-QT.a" as expected, which obviously causes problems when
> trying to link against it.  I've tried omitting the TARGET_EXT specifier,
> but I get the same result.  It seems that qmake adds the '.' but not the
> extension, no matter what options I tried setting.  Renaming the library
> "fixes" the problem, but is obviously not a viable solution.
> This was giving the correct result under qt4 (without the TARGET_EXT
> specifier).
> Is this a bug or has qt5 changed how this works, or is something wrong with
> my setup here?

Static building is not working properly right now. In fact, it might not work 
until Qt 5.1. YMMV.

Also, please use CONFIG += static   instead of staticlib. The two should be 
equivalent, but the one I recommend is the official.

Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
  Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
     Intel Sweden AB - Registration Number: 556189-6027
     Knarrarnäsgatan 15, 164 40 Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/attachments/20120913/4288590d/attachment.sig>

More information about the Interest mailing list