[Interest] My experience porting to Qt5 (on OS X)

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Thu Sep 13 17:37:21 CEST 2012

On 9/13/12 11:18 AM, Harri Pasanen wrote:

> Kind of off topic, but if your code runs also on linux, I find
> developing with "synergy" works well.
> http://synergy-foss.org/   It gives the illusion your mac and linux
> boxes are one machine.
>
> It really feels real, copy-paste, mouse moves seamlessly between the
> screens.  I also use sshfs to mount the mac drives on linux.

Synergy is a great tool for using more than one machine at the same
time. I also highly recommend it. But now I got only one Mac so I have a
Parallels Workstation VM running Windows 7 for more involving debugging.

> Btw. with respect to LLDB, that seems to get confused with Xcode as well
> at times.  I'm not sure if it the C++ code or what, but sometimes line
> numbers just don't correspond to breakpoints, so your breakpoints seem
> to off by 1-3 lines.

I had that problem in Xcode once. It turns out some of the files are not
in Unix linefeed format. Resaving them in BBEdit with proper linefeeds
fixed it.