[Interest] QNetworkProxy auth support with QNetworkAccessManager

brian larochelle larochelle.brian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:08:28 CEST 2012

Hello,
I posted this question to qt project forums, but figured I would get better
luck here.  If posting in both places is bad form, let me know, and I will no
longer do so.

I'm using Qt 4.8.2 on embedded linux, I can reproduce with same version on
desktop linux.

I am subclassing QNetworkAccessManager to create a base class for all my
webservice communictions.

Everything works as expected, until i try to add proxy server support. It
works great without authentication, but a major problem comes up when I try to
add support for authentication. I’ve verified the proxy server with auth using
FireFox.

Attached is my code.

Proxy support gets configured in NetworkAccessManager::configureProxy(), then
the slot NetworkAccessManager::proxyAuthenticationRequired(…) gets called to
provide authentication.

The proxyAuthenticationRequired slot just gets called repeatedly.
And i just the something like the following over and over.
****
NetworkAccessManager::proxyAuthenticationRequired — called
NetworkAccessManager::proxyAuthenticationRequired requesting realm: proxy
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry ‘auth:proxy-
http://user@10.255.170.140:3128#proxy’
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry ‘auth:proxy-
http://user@10.255.170.140:3128’
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry ‘auth:proxy-
http://10.255.170.140:3128’
***

I’ve found the below related issue, but they did not lead helpful results.

I’ve also tried applying patches from here:
recompiled everything, still see the same results.

I Appreciate and guidance.
Thanks