[Interest] QNetworkProxy auth support with QNetworkAccessManager

brian larochelle larochelle.brian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:26:57 CEST 2012

> Everything works as expected, until i try to add proxy server support. It
> works great without authentication, but a major problem comes up when I try
> to add support for authentication. I’ve verified the proxy server with auth
> using FireFox.

It appears the configuration of the proxy server has an effect.

using the below config for squid3 seems to cause the issue I was having:

auth_param digest program /usr/lib/squid3/digest_pw_auth -c
/etc/squid3/passwords
auth_param digest realm proxy
acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow authenticated
http_access deny all
http_port 3128

But modifying the config to the below, I get proxy auth working as I expected.

http_port 3128
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/ncsa_auth
/etc/squid3/ncsa_auth_passwd
acl User proxy_auth user
http_access allow User
http_access deny all

Both configs work with firefox, however i could only get the second config
working with Qt.