[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 19, Issue 35

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Wed Apr 10 23:09:20 CEST 2013

>From: interest-bounces+kai.koehne=digia.com at qt-project.org [interest-bounces+kai.koehne=digia.com at qt-
>
>> Sadly  none of the devs at Digia seems to have experiences with IT and project
>> structures of industrial and enterprise structures / companies - that leads to
>> such biased discussions... like a fight between commercial (Windows) customers
>> and the Qt devs (Linux/Mac users).
>>

>That's funny because I've been a developer with Qt for years now and in my experience is that Mac Qt developers >always get shafted in favour of Qt on Windows (which typically just works).
>
>I couldn't even get the latest 5.0.2 offline installer to *install* on my Mac tonight and the kind of bugs and regressions >I'm seeing on Mac leave me with the impression that they don't even bother to trying *run* their stuff on OSX, never >mind QA it.

Your impression is wrong, as I know as a matter of fact.

And honestly speaking, I'd prefer if you and others would adjust their tone on this mailing list a bit. We (as in Qt developers and especially Digia) do of course QA testing, and actually invite everyone to join and test packages _before_ the release. I, as a matter of fact, also care about Windows developers, and for sure Digia (my employer) doesn't "loathe windows". Others are working full time on Mac.

I think the message that some of you can't just install perl got through. Over-the-top rants like this certainly do not help.

Regards

Kai