[Interest] Oops! Somebody's got a bad case of dependency bloat!

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 21:52:17 CEST 2013

Well put. Build the business case that they add appropriate support for developers - even if it's simply being added to a special 'developers' group to get the extra permissions.
But most likely, you'll find that it isn't just developers that are having that problem - which can actually be fortunate as some PHB's might decide to just axe the group complaining until the realize its everyone.

Ben