[Interest] Rotating objects in QML are killing performance

Michael Andersen michael at steelcode.com
Fri Apr 12 23:47:09 CEST 2013

I found the root of the problem: there is something fishy with Nvidia's
sync to vblank implementation. If Vsync is turned off, everything works ok,
if it is turned on then all hell breaks loose. I just downloaded and
installed their latest drivers (310.44) and the problem still exists there.

So, sorry for the noise, it seems Nvidia is to blame. Unfortunately Vsync
was on to fix a different Nvidia bug, so now I have to choose the lesser of
the two :/ I am reminded of Linus's outburst at Nvidia last year.. feeling
pretty annoyed right now.