[Interest] qmake: questions regarding huge projects

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Fri Apr 19 13:36:36 CEST 2013

Den 19-04-2013 12:29, Rainer Wiesenfarth skrev:
> Am 19.04.2013 11:25, schrieb Bo Thorsen:
>> Sounds to me like you want to switch to cmake instead. That has a lot
>> better support for dependencies between subprojects than qmake. And for
>> a project of this size, I would expect you have some fancy build stuff
>> in there as well, and qmake is usually too simple for it.
>
> Hi Bo,
>
> well, I know about cmake, but was going for something less cryptic... :-)
>
> We have some fancy build stuff (f2c, versioning, ...), but I was hoping
> to get it done with qmake, _because_ it is simple.

I know, but when you have a complicated build process, a simple tool
just doesn't cut it.

> Probably I have to dig through "QMake Variables" and "QMake Functions"
> to find the features I need.

I'll bet you that you won't be able to, unfortunately.

On the bright side: Once you have a good cmake build in place, you will
have the visual studio build done with the same system as Linux. Having
two different build systems is *not* a good idea.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Qt Manager, Integrated Computer Solutions
ICS - Delivering World-Class Applications for Embedded & Mobile Devices