[Interest] Re: qmake: questions regarding huge projects

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Fri Apr 19 13:36:47 CEST 2013

On Friday, 19 April 2013 12:29:04 CEST, Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:
> well, I know about cmake, but was going for something less cryptic... :-)

One of my biggest disappointments with qmake was that it just did not set up proper dependencies between the static libs I build and the targets which use it. Either I was missing something obvious, or qmake is really, really stupid. Yes, you can add a ton of macros on top of it to make it sane, but is that really what you want to do? Further details at [1].

(It looks like I was wrong on the first topic I complained in there -- it seems that it is actually possible to produce multiple binaries from a bunch of .cpp files in the same directory. At least I've seen some qmake hackery doing that. You still need an extra .pro file for each target, though, at least as far as I know.)

With kind regards,
Jan

[1] http://jkt.flaska.net/blog/QMake_Static_Libraries__Unit_Tests_and_Much_Headache__or_the_Tale_of_How_Trojita_Changed_the_Build_System_from_CMake_to_QMake.html

--