[Interest] qmake: questions regarding huge projects

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Fri Apr 19 14:11:29 CEST 2013

Den 19-04-2013 13:36, Jan Kundrát skrev:
> On Friday, 19 April 2013 12:29:04 CEST, Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:
>> well, I know about cmake, but was going for something less cryptic... :-)
>
> One of my biggest disappointments with qmake was that it just did not set up proper dependencies between the static libs I build and the targets which use it. Either I was missing something obvious, or qmake is really, really stupid. Yes, you can add a ton of macros on top of it to make it sane, but is that really what you want to do? Further details at [1].
>
> (It looks like I was wrong on the first topic I complained in there -- it seems that it is actually possible to produce multiple binaries from a bunch of .cpp files in the same directory. At least I've seen some qmake hackery doing that. You still need an extra .pro file for each target, though, at least as far as I know.)

In a directory with two projects, you can place two .pro files and use a
SUBDIRS to include the two .pro files. Not a difficult hack :) SUBDIRS
treat a directory and a .pro file entry pretty much the same way.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Qt Manager, Integrated Computer Solutions
ICS - Delivering World-Class Applications for Embedded & Mobile Devices