[Interest] [OT] Sexy Qt on the catwalk!

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 13:38:09 CEST 2013

Hello list,

If that ain't proof that Qt has become totally sexy and attractive!

Yesterday evening my wife and I went to the "Energy Fashion Night 2013"
in Zurich (http://www.energy.ch/fashion-night/) where skinny models
walked along the catwalk.

The concept was that they mixed fashion together with (partly live)
music and "some story" which was all about revolution ("Cuban
Revolution" with Brasilian Samba... yeah, right...).

Anyway, when the "story" moved on to the "Digital Revolution" something
struck my eye for a fraction of a second on the big video screen which
showed some background video clip: "Wait a minute, didn't that read
QString?!" And indeed, some SLOT code fragmet followed some other QEvent
etc.

And indeed! Given the audience they could as well have chosen to show
the typical "011000111 Hollywood codes", or some shell code which they
usually show in movies.

But no, apparently the video editor decided to use Qt code! :)

I have attached a framegrab of the video I did. Here are also some
dropbox links (I keep them at least until 1st June 2013):

The attached photo:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45335740/Link/valid_until_2013-06-01/EnergyFashionNight2013-DigitalRevolution.jpg

The video clip itself (h264 MOV, about 4.5 MBytes / 20 seconds):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45335740/Link/valid_until_2013-06-01/EnergyFashionNight2013-DigitalRevolution.mov

Happy coding :)

Cheers, Oliver