[Interest] [OT] Sexy Qt on the catwalk!

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 14:29:20 CEST 2013

Till Oliver Knoll sayeth:

> Hello list,
>
> If that ain't proof that Qt has become totally sexy and attractive!
>
> Yesterday evening my wife and I went to the "Energy Fashion Night 2013" in
> Zurich (http://www.energy.ch/fashion-**night/<http://www.energy.ch/fashion-night/>)
> where skinny models walked along the catwalk.
>
> The concept was that they mixed fashion together with (partly live) music
> and "some story" which was all about revolution ("Cuban Revolution" with
> Brasilian Samba... yeah, right...).
>
> Anyway, when the "story" moved on to the "Digital Revolution" something
> struck my eye for a fraction of a second on the big video screen which
> showed some background video clip: "Wait a minute, didn't that read
> QString?!" And indeed, some SLOT code fragmet followed some other QEvent
> etc.
>
> And indeed! Given the audience they could as well have chosen to show the
> typical "011000111 Hollywood codes", or some shell code which they usually
> show in movies.
>
> But no, apparently the video editor decided to use Qt code! :)
>
> I have attached a framegrab of the video I did. Here are also some dropbox
> links (I keep them at least until 1st June 2013):
>
> The attached photo:
>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.**com/u/45335740/Link/valid_**
> until_2013-06-01/**EnergyFashionNight2013-**DigitalRevolution.jpg<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45335740/Link/valid_until_2013-06-01/EnergyFashionNight2013-DigitalRevolution.jpg>
>
> The video clip itself (h264 MOV, about 4.5 MBytes / 20 seconds):
>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.**com/u/45335740/Link/valid_**
> until_2013-06-01/**EnergyFashionNight2013-**DigitalRevolution.mov<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45335740/Link/valid_until_2013-06-01/EnergyFashionNight2013-DigitalRevolution.mov>
>

> Happy coding :)
>
> Cheers, Oliver

Oh, man...  that signal is so hot ...  <drooool>.... mimetypes ... Oh, Baby!

Way cool!  Where can I get more of this?

I'm thinking something like "Qt Monthly" with pull-out-centerfolds....
maybe some "Hot Tips"...  And, because I don't get out much, "Stories From
Readers" would be great so I could live vicariously through others...

Sign me up!

--charley