[Interest] Warnings from Warning:QAccessibleWidget

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Thu Apr 25 17:19:19 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I have compiled Qt on two Win7-64bit machines, with the same compiler
(recent mingw32-x64 rubenvb build, same exact version), and the same
command line options for configure. This is from the same Qt 4.8.1 source.

On both machines (a desktop and a laptop) my locally complied app runs fine.

But when I launch the laptop-compiled app on the desktop, together with the
laptop-compiled dlls, I get warning messages such as :
Warning:QAccessibleWidget::rect:
This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 2 unknown for
QMenuBar) whenever I hover the mouse over menus. This is probably related
to Windows Tablet features enabled on the desktop, as I have a wacom tablet.

And if I copy the desktop-compiled QtCore4.dll in the folder with the
laptop-compiled exes and dll's (an thus overwrite the laptop-compiled
QtCore4.dll), the warning messages disappear.

So it seems that:
 - The two QtCore4.dll files are not the same. They were compiled from the
same Qt source, with the same compiler, and the same compile options
 - The dll compiled on the machine with tablet support enabled seems to be
working well with tablet-enabled systems
 - The dll compiled on the machine without tablet support is triggering
warnings on tablet-enabled systems.

How can I force this with compilation options? Are there other autodetected
things that cause different qt builds when they should be identical?

Thanks,

Etienne