[Interest] Built in DataBase for Qt 4.8.4

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:33:29 CEST 2013

On Apr 25, 2013, at 12:18 PM, Robert Hairgrove wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 12:12 -0400, Michael Jackson wrote:
>> Is there any "built in" or "In Memory" database structures that are already in Qt 4.8? I have a need for some light searching of our documentation and my idea was to generate an "in-memory" database table that the built in QSQL stuff could use to generate the results from?
>>
>> 3rd Party libs maybe?
>
> SQLite has in-memory databases ... and there has been an interface for
> SQLite in QtSql for a long time, IIRC.
>
> There is also the QSettings class which might provide all the
> functionality you need.
>
> What format do you use to store the documentation?

Just to be clear, is SQLite part of the normal Qt compile or do I need to download SQLite and compile that? I am really new to this part of Qt so be kind. ;-)

Currently we write the raw documentation in Markdown and have DOxygen convert it to HTML that is included with the app. We have a single button that the user clicks and then we use QDesktop to launch their web browser pointing to the main documentation page.

Thanks
----
Mike Jackson