[Interest] Built in DataBase for Qt 4.8.4

Karl Ruetz karl.ruetz at ruetzdogz.com
Thu Apr 25 18:43:06 CEST 2013

You can pass the -qt-sql-sqlite switch to the configure command when
you do your build. I don't recall if the default for this switch is on
or off.

If you install from the binary (rather than from sources) both
Sqlite and an ODBC plugin are present.

Karl

On 2013-04-25 10:33,

Jackson wrote:

>>> Is there any "built in" or "In Memory" database
structures that are already in Qt 4.8? I have a need for some light
searching of our documentation and my idea was to generate an
"in-memory" database table that the built in QSQL stuff could use to
generate the results from? 3rd Party libs maybe?
>> SQLite has in-memory
databases ... and there has been an interface for SQLite in QtSql for a
long time, IIRC. There is also the QSettings class which might provide
all the functionality you need. What format do you use to store the
documentation?

> Just to be clear, is SQLite part of the normal Qt
compile or do I need to download SQLite and compile that? I am really
new to this part of Qt so be kind. ;-)

> Currently we write the raw
documentation in Markdown and have DOxygen convert it to HTML that is
included with the app. We have a single button that the user clicks and
then we use QDesktop to launch their web browser pointing to the main
documentation page.