[Interest] Native text rendering in Qt 5.1 on Windows

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Wed Aug 21 11:02:12 CEST 2013

Thanks Joseph but that link doesn't answer my question as to how the native
text is actually rendered i.e. what library/technology.

I would like to know because my (limited) understanding of Qt is that it
uses OpenGL for graphics (even on Windows) and, given that OpenGL does not
have any native font rendering API, how is the text rendered in a "native"
way so that it appears in an OpenGL context?  For example, is DirectWrite
used to render the text to a buffer which is then blasted into the OpenGL
context?