[Interest] Qt3 repository

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Aug 21 18:36:15 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com>wrote:

> On quarta-feira, 21 de agosto de 2013 08:39:40, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Trinity's Qt 3 is probably the most up-to-date source tree:
> >
> > http://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/qt3/
>
> I wouldn't call it up-to-date if it contains a lot of patches on top of the
> last official release.

How would you call it? The "most fixed repository"? It doesn't really
matter, it is what it is: the latest Qt 3 plus some patches after
Trolltech/Nokia/Digia stopped supporting Qt 3.

> Be careful: there have been no Qt 3.4 or 3.5 releases! The last official
> release
> was 3.3.8b (not c or d). Those releases by Trinity are modified by them
> and the
> Qt Project has no responsibility. By the way, according to the Qt Project
> rules, *only* the Qt Project is allowed to create new version numbers --
> Trinity started before the Qt Project did, though.

Those version numbers are not Qt 3 version numbers but Trinity version
numbers, i. e. tag
v3.5.13.2<http://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/qt3/tag/?id=v3.5.13.2> in
the Qt3 repository means "the version of Qt 3 used in Trinity Desktop
3.5.13.2"

> Also, the tree is only qt-x11. The Mac and QWS files are missing; the
> Windows
> files were never released.

Better than nothing if the OP is interested in Qt 3 X11

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org