[Interest] Quick Controls Menu questions

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Fri Aug 23 09:49:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm planning a Quick2-based application that will run on an embedded
Linux device (similar to Raspberry PI) where the application is the only
user of the framebuffer (no X11). The application will be controlled by
keyboard cursor keys only. I have been doing some mockups on the desktop
with the Quick Controls Menu items, but there seems to be some limitations:

- Is it possible to do complete styling of the Menu? There is some
things in the source code it seems, but it's not documented. Maybe more
features are planned in Qt 5.2?
- Will the menu be drawn as a Item in the Quick2 scene on embedded Linux
instead of using the window system's menu (like it does on Windows?).
- Is keyboard navigation possible with the Menu? I can't seem to get it
working on Windows, it will only follow the mouse.
- Is there a way to set the position when using the popup() function?
(as there is no mouse)
- Is it possible to mix Widget-based menus on top of a Quick2 window
using QtWayland? If so I can create the menus with QMenu instead.

Thanks!