[Interest] Quick Controls Menu questions

deDietrich Gabriel Gabriel.deDietrich at digia.com
Fri Aug 23 16:10:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Aug 23, 2013, at 9:49 AM, Ola Røer Thorsen <ola at silentwings.no> wrote:

> - Is it possible to do complete styling of the Menu? There is some
> things in the source code it seems, but it's not documented. Maybe more
> features are planned in Qt 5.2?

We plan to extend the set of styleable controls for 5.2, including menus.

> - Will the menu be drawn as a Item in the Quick2 scene on embedded Linux
> instead of using the window system's menu (like it does on Windows?).

Yes. This is scheduled for 5.2 as part of supporting mobile environments.

> - Is keyboard navigation possible with the Menu? I can't seem to get it
> working on Windows, it will only follow the mouse.

It should work. If it doesn’t with a recent version of Qt then report a bug and assign it to me.

> - Is there a way to set the position when using the popup() function?
> (as there is no mouse)

It’s currently private API, but we plan on making this more visible.

> - Is it possible to mix Widget-based menus on top of a Quick2 window
> using QtWayland? If so I can create the menus with QMenu instead.

I can’t answer that. Other people may know better about wayland integration.

Best regards,

Dr. Gabriel de Dietrich
Senior Software Developer
qt.digia.com