[Interest] R: Qt5 toolchain for arm

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Sat Aug 24 18:44:14 CEST 2013

On 08/24/2013 09:38 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sábado, 24 de agosto de 2013 17:50:17, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>> I don't know what is "qt-toolchain". ALl you need is to build Qt with your
>> toolchain, and you will get qmake and other utilities, as well as Qt
>> libraries.
>
> I think the OP is asking about the host-built Qt tools for cross-compiling.
> That is, to compile on a regular x86 machine for an ARM target.
>
> Actually, see the same request done by the Tizen package maintainer to the dev
> list, and Ossi reports that the Blackberry maintainers have asked for the same
> thing. Our buildsystem doesn't support that, though:
>
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2013-August/012699.html

For Qt4, the Yocto project can create a "qt toolchain" that creates
qmake with appropriate defaults for sysroot location and Qt
configuration options.

This isn't yet integrated for Qt5, but I think the same can be
accomplished by "installing Qt" into the Yocto-generated sysroot
after building Qt5 with the Yocto-generated toolchain.