[Interest] Qt Installer Framework: cannot create start menu shortcut on Win7

baneyue baneyue at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:35:17 CEST 2013

I followed the Qt Installer Framework Manual, every just worked expect
create start menu shortcut on win7.

The _config.xml_ contains:
	<StartMenuDir>my_verdor/my_app</StartMenuDir>

and the _installscript.qs_:
	function Component() {
		var programFiles =
		installer.environmentVariable("ProgramFiles");
		if(programFiles!="")
			install.setValue("TargetDir", programFiles +
			"/my_vendor/my_app);

		if(install.value("os")==="win") {
			component.addOperation("CreateShortCut",
			"@TargetDir@/my_app.exe",
			installer.value("StartMenuDir")+"/my_app.lnk");
		}
	}

According to the manual, this should create a group in the start menu
that contain shortcut to my_app, but every time i run the installer
program, it just create a folder called "my_vendor/my_app" contain
shortcut *in where the installer was located*.

Someone would help?