[Interest] [OT] Re: OpenGL under Android... glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION) was not declared in this scope

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Wed Dec 4 17:28:05 CET 2013

> ? Funny, I assumed the difference between OpenGL and ES was bigger than a few ASCII characters...

Unfortunately it is. I am still a beginner with all things OpenGL. But I managed it to write a
converter to import Blender scenes into OpenGL. Works fine under Linux, falls flat under Android.
Sure, I read that Android uses OpenGL ES. But until a few hours ago I didn't have the slightest
idea what this actually means. *sigh* Back to the drawing board. Does not look too difficult to
rewrite the code for OpenGL ES, but I really could do without this extra work. :-/

Guido

P.S. don't ask me for a translation of '#%$&%^!$%@#'. There might be children reading this list.