[Interest] What's next for Qt 5.3?

Philipp Kursawe phil.kursawe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 20:46:55 CET 2013

Uhmm, what do you mean by providing REST Services?
Are you talking about a HTTP framework like Rails or Sinatra? Imho such
functionality has no place in the default distribution of Qt. You can
easily develop that as an addon library. In fact, to develop a basic REST
HTTP Server in plain C++ with routes and handlers takes only a couple of
hundred lines. With Qt it should be even less.
https://github.com/pke/atlhttpd/blob/master/HttpServerImpl.h

And can be used like this:
https://github.com/pke/atlhttpd/blob/master/atlhttpd.cpp

Is that what you have in mind?