[Interest] Cannot Install 5.2 on Mac OSX Mavericks

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 09:20:02 CET 2013

Am 19.12.2013 um 02:09 schrieb "Brett (Gmail)" <brettbibby at gmail.com>:

> I did try and it also gets 2 errors. But it's a different 2 errors. Very strange. I'm wondering if there's some sort of file handle overflow going on and maybe the path length is effecting that.

Hi,

Sorry to say, but I just *succeeded* as well to install Qt 5.2 (the downloaded 64bit Clang package) on OS X 10.9.0 (have not yet upgraded to 10.9.1), with whatever XCode version was installed at that time (I usually just upgrade Xcode as soon as a new version is available, so I guess it must be 5.0.2 as well).

I chose all default settings in the installer (on a MBP 13" mid 2010, with "only" 4 GB RAM, in case that would matter), so destination folder was /User/MyNonAdminUser/Qt/5.2.0 (can't remember the exact Qt path, but you get the idea).

I installed this with a "non-administrator" user, and I can't remember right now whether the installer actually asked for an administrator account - I don't think so (but totally not sure).

After installation the installer launched Qt Creator and the README as expected, and a quick test compile of my app ran without problems.

By the way: maybe try to re-download the latest "command line tools" from within Xcode! Maybe yours are outdated?

And I remember faintly that there was once a solution offered (by Xcode?) to simply install "wrappers" (or a tool which would set the proper PATHs and INCLUDEs etc.) such that the binaries from /Applications/Xcode/... would be called (instead of the downloaded "duplicate command line tools" which are probably installed under /usr/bin etc.). But I always just downloaded and installed the "command line tools" from within Xcode for simplicity's sake (somewhere under "Configuration" or the like).

Cheers,
  Oliver