[Interest] Cannot Install 5.2 on Mac OSX Mavericks

Raul Metsma raul at metsma.ee
Thu Dec 19 10:10:05 CET 2013

On 19 Dec 2013, at 10:20, Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I remember faintly that there was once a solution offered (by Xcode?) to simply install "wrappers" (or a tool which would set the proper PATHs and INCLUDEs etc.) such that the binaries from /Applications/Xcode/... would be called (instead of the downloaded "duplicate command line tools" which are probably installed under /usr/bin etc.). But I always just downloaded and installed the "command line tools" from within Xcode for simplicity's sake (somewhere under "Configuration" or the like).

Its already built to Maverics. You have to install only Xcode OR command line tools.
System contains xcodebuild references in /usr/bin
ls -l /usr/bin/clang* /usr/bin/xcodebuild
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  14224 Nov  4 00:49 /usr/bin/clang
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  14240 Nov  4 00:49 /usr/bin/clang++
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  14256 Nov  4 00:49 /usr/bin/xcodebuild

Even on clean install suggest to install Xcode or download comand line tools.

Raul