[Interest] Poor mirror performance for the online Qt SDK

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 01:51:04 CET 2013

Hello Tuukka,

What I'm trying to say is, there could be users out there who have
difficulty downloading Qt because they get assigned an underperforming
mirror. Are there plans to let users override their assigned mirror in the
online SDK installer, for cases like this?

In my case, the system assigns me http://mirrors.hust.edu.cn/ which gave me
~15 KiB/s AND they disconnect after a few minutes. In contrast,
http://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/ gave me ~200 KiB/s reliably. (Alternative
mirror found from from
http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.2/5.2.0/qt-windows-opensource-5.2.0-msvc2012_opengl-x86_64-offline.exe.mirrorlist
)